Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Landon Mark Lancaster
























I awoke at 2:30am with contractions on Monday, March 24. I woke Matt up, and told him he didn't need to get up yet, but I just wanted to let him know. I went downstairs and walked around a little to see how close together they were. Matt came down fully dressed about 5 minutes later. We decided to pick up the house a little and time them for a little while (my parents & Megan planned to come when I went into labor & we didn't want to leave the houe trashed). So we proceded to clean and unload/load the dishwasher, get all of our stuff together, etc. We left the house around 3:45am to drop Grace off at her Aunt Karen's and head for the hospital. By the time we arrived at Karen's house, unloaded all of Grace's stuff and got her settled the contractions were coming pretty hard and close together. We left for the hopsiptal and realized we forgot Grace's car seat so we had to turn around and drop that off. We arrived at the hospital & checked in around 4:30am. By the time I got into the gown and was checked, I was dilated at 5cm. Fortunately my doctor was on call, so we waited until about 5:45 and the nurse paged him in. They broke my water around 6:30am and he was born at 7:09am! He was 8 lbs, 11 oz and 19.5 in long.

No comments:

Followers